Is SpotRx Pharmacy a mail order pharmacy?
No, we are not like mail-order pharmacies.
- Typically located in different states
- Restricted in medications they can legally store and deliver
- Delivery typically takes 3-14 days
- Automated or no customer support available
- 1 in 5 customers encounter problems with mail-order (e.g. late delivery, etc. *Based off Survey Monkey 2019 Mail Order Pharmacy Survey)
- Located in your town staffed with local pharmacists
- Delivers medications to your door
- Medications don’t sit in hot mailboxes waiting to be stolen
- Delivers controlled and refrigerated medications for free
- Live pharmacists available to talk
At first glance, filling your prescriptions through a mail-order company seems like a simple solution. Refills are sent right to your home each month so you don’t have to make one more stop at the pharmacy in your busy day. But if your medication changes, it can be a huge hassle to modify your standard order online or over the phone.
An even better option is home delivery from your local community pharmacy—it’s the best of both worlds! You get to talk with your pharmacist whenever you need. The rest of the time, enjoy having prescriptions brought right to your door.
- Convenience – No more waiting! Medications are delivered by hand right to your home and can be scheduled for the best time of day.
- Manage changes – Let’s say you change your address, phone number or insurance coverage, run out of a medication, or a dosage has been adjusted by your healthcare provider. Using the delivery option, you can easily communicate this in one call to your local pharmacist. However, mail order companies may be several months behind any information changes. And tracking down the right department for an emergency refill through a voicemail system is very difficult.
- Security – Mail-order medications are often stolen out of mailboxes, miss-delivered to the wrong address, or simply go missing in the mail (usually without a tracking number to find it). And mail delays are becoming more common as the U.S. Postal System continues to reduce its resources.
- Synchronized prescriptions – If you opt-in for Rx management, all of your household’s ongoing prescriptions can be coordinated on the same schedule and delivered just once a month! Ask your community pharmacist about this valuable service.
- Personalized Service – You can always schedule a medication review with your friendly local pharmacist to discuss any changes, side effects, interactions, or other questions about your prescriptions.
- Better health – Skipping doses can be dangerous. Pharmacy delivery gets you the Rx you need, when you need it, for your best possible health. Plus, keeping all of your prescriptions in one place allows the pharmacist to monitor them for potential issues.
Questions? Call 1-844-4-SPOTRX (1-844-477-6879).